Sir John Sherbrooke Junior School
We are a 'Take Care' school
- Children can stand or sit for this activity.
- Ask children to put both hands on their belly.
- Children should close their eyes, or look down to their hands.
- Guide children in taking three slow deep breaths in and out to see if they can feel their hands being moved.
- You may like to count “1, 2, 3” for each breath in and “1, 2, 3” for each breath out, pausing slightly at the end of each exhale.
- Encourage children to think about how the breath feels, answering the following questions silently, in their mind.
– What is moving your hands? Is it the air filling your lungs?
– Can you feel the air moving in through your nose?
– Can you feel it moving out through your nose?
– Does the air feel a little colder on the way in and warmer on the way out?
– Can you hear your breath?
– What does it sound like?
- Sir John Sherbrooke Junior School,
- Flatts Lane, Calverton, Nottingham,
- Nottinghamshire, NG14 6JZ,